Employee ownership works.
- It works for workers, who deserve a share of and a stake in the economy.
- It works for companies, who need a workforce invested in the company’s success.
- It works for communities, who need good jobs that are anchored locally, not stripped away in a destructive race to the bottom.
- It works for business owners, who need to ensure the legacy of companies they built.
- And it works for America, which needs an economy grounded in shared ownership, not growing inequality.
The more than ten million employee owners in the United States are a good start. But we think America can do better. Working together, we can build a movement to reach “50 by 50”: 50 million employee owners by 2050. We pledge to strive, together, towards this audacious—but attainable—goal.